Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sneaking out is fun

This is a story of 2 grown adults pulling an act of spontaneity in the wee hours of a weekend.

It all started with a ringing on my phone a little after midnight that led to a lengthy conversation. Then in the middle of it, out-of-the-blue-ly, u asked, “Wanna come out?” reinforced by a “NOW”.

On the other side of the line was me in a state of disbelief and confusion, and so I requested a reassurance to confirm what I heard was true. “Really? I’m always ready…if you are…provided you could step out of your house with your parent’s consent…”

“I sneaked out just now, they didn’t even know I was gone, I’m actually at the back lane of my house now.” You revealed sheepishly.

“Alright, if you say so.” Shocked, I replied.

And so I pressed the gas pedal as hard as I could, hoping to shorten the time it would take for me to get to you, while you fled the house and waited patiently for me in the park.

Despite the unusual hour of the day.

And the might-have-been strong disapproval from your parents.

And having to combat the annoying biting bugs in the dark all by yourself.

Not to mention exposing yourself with all sorts of potential risk a girl might face under this kind of less-than-safe circumstances.

*Yay!*

I couldn’t believe we were sitting face-to-face again, just like the good old days.

I thought we will never see each other again, not after what happened months ago during the last time we met.

But as always, you managed to turn my cold shoulder around, each and every time without fail, in such an effortless manner too.

Not that I am complaining, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home