Saturday, January 12, 2008

Everytime I Go Away

“I promise I’ll be back as soon as possible alright,” is what I’d say--if you are mildly annoyed whenever I pack-up for a trip.

“I’ll call you when I get there okay,” is how I’d comfort you--if you call to check up on me when I hit the road.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be home before you know it,” is what I’d tell you --if I could steal a quick minute on my way back to be on the phone with you.

But NO, I can’t do any of that…

Because, you don’t even exist in my life.

Because, I don’t even know who or where you are.

Because, We haven’t even met yet.

Hmm…Excuse me please; I am just an exhausted traveler with excess baggage, wild imagination, a huge void in life, and plenty of time to kill on a return journey.



(Your heart is the only place I wish to go)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home