Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Conversation

The other day I had a few words with this man I saw in the mirror, and this is how it went:

Man in the mirror: Good God! Would you look at this face of yours? Would it kill you if you could perhaps…SMILE a little bit more?

Me: I can’t help it, this is the way I am.

Man in the mirror: Give me a freakin’ break! I don’t care whatever the hell you are going through now, just get yourself together and deal with it, you should really stop dwelling in the past and let the bygone be bygone already.

Me: That’s very convenient for you to say, if you could only feel the way I am feeling now.

Man in the mirror: Oh I know all about that alright-- I am, after all, YOU! A conscience deep down inside of YOU!

I guess what I am trying to tell you is, a huge and bright and sunny smile doesn’t hurt anyone, plus there is no point for you to continue acting this way-- unless you are planning to drive people away with that less-than-happy attitude of yours.


Me: I guess you have a point there. Tell you what, I shall give this a shot and see how it goes. It sucks to be in a bad shape and constant state of demoralization anyway.

Man in the mirror: That’s the spirit! I could almost feel that you are becoming better already. Now go out there and show the world what you’ve got! Don’t forget to put on your SMILE!

Me: ALRIGHT MAN!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home