Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Outta Sight—Outta Mind?

How are you doing?

Good? Fine? Great? I suppose.

I, on the other hand, am not doing so well.

Maybe it’s got something to do with the feeling of uneasiness in me, for knowing our differences in life pursuits and assignment of priorities would inevitably lead us to this path of not being able to be as close as we once were.

The lack of interaction between us lately only worsens the case in hand.

Which I begin to ask myself: Are we going to eventually be reduced to nothing more than a distant memory to each other? Or even a total fade out of everything we once had?

All these mixed feelings and emotions are kind of turning me into a bit of a paranoia who questions the tangibility of the times we shared.

Miss the laughter, the teasing, those conversations, or even those arguments and non-permanent silent treatments between the two of us.

I may not have much of an impact on you now, judging from my absence in your nowadays life, but I sincerely hope that you would be much happier, with or without me, now or further into the future.

Hate myself for not being able to assimilate myself into your daily chores and agenda.

Hate myself even more for not wanting to let the bygone be bygone; to completely disregard the great memories we once had collectively.

Do you even remember me now?

Am I OUT (…from your memory…) because I am not IN (…your sight…)?

If that’s the case, then please…LET ME LET GO, would you?

But I guess I shouldn’t be mourning the losses, perhaps I should cherish every wonderfully uplifting moment we used to have with one another instead, as long as I don’t mind going through bit and pieces of those memories ALL BY MYSELF.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home