Saturday, March 18, 2006

Last Night a Phone Call Saved My Day

“Aiya, don’t wanna talk already”, you said, “I am kinda uncomfortable cos the phone is heating up my ear.”

Which was quite true, since both of our ears and faces were literally glued to the phone for a good half an hour throughout the whole time of us chatting over the line.

And yet I pretended like I didn’t hear your complaint and kept trying to squeeze in more topics to hold on to the conversation before I had to finally hang up in an extremely reluctant manner.

Call me greedy but I think half an hour is hardly enough for me, since we haven’t seen each other for quite a while now, you ought to update me about your recent life in details, and I too had a whole bunch of stories of my own to keep you amused.

But above all, this unexpected call from you has played a wonderful trick on me; it made me felt like I wasn’t being left behind after all and I am indeed genuinely being cared for.

And hey, I would like to remind you of that promise you made towards the end of our little chat session.

I know I won’t forget my part of the deal.

Soon we shall find time for one another to honour our words, right?

Sorry if I ever doubted you, even for a brief minute.

Cos you are the nicest and sweetest and kindest soul known to me!

In the mean time, I think I will miss you…real bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home