Sunday, January 14, 2007

Best Friends Forever?

“You and Her are each other’s best friend” you said to me, “I’m glad that she has a friend like you”.

If only i could wholeheartedly agree to this comment...

But, truth be told--i couldn’t help but having this bitter taste in my mouth lately, one that i can’t seemed to get rid of no matter how hard i tried.

It appeared to me that the cold distant feeling between us has grown into a more apparent form nowadays--there was never a good time to get a hold of Her over the phone, let alone having any amount of Her mind & face to face attention. Because if not exhausted from doing something, then She must be occupied with someone—and i figured i should just cut a long story short or even keep my distance, just so She could go back to whatever She was doing as soon as i am out of Her picture.

I always thought that nothing nourishes a two-way relationship like a mutually caring heart, some good conversations and a lot of quality times together--my feelings can never go too far or even sustain itself without any of these--and i am no longer sensing any of these between Me/Her for quite some time now.

Which is why i responded your comment with this: “I’d still be glad that we met and i got to know her so well, even if the future holds nothing for me and Her”.

I just wish that things between me and Her would turn out exactly the way you said it would: “Don’t worry, both of you are gonna be just fine”, “She’ll still hangout with you” ... ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home