Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I survived the WorldCup season!

One heck of a trophy; One hell of a month.

32 nations of finalists; 64 exciting matches; 147 great goals.

Whole lots of ups and downs, countless happy cheers and upset roars.

We don’t call it The Beautiful Game for nothing.


On the other hand, things aren’t so beautiful for our less-than-lovely WorldCup mascot GoleoVI-the-lion & his sidekick Pille-the-football.


I mean, Goleo my dear, please put on some pants for goodness sake, don’t you feel cold in between your legs? and why are you messing with that weird ball with eyes and mouth on it? No offense Pille, but i think a talking ball with full set of face expressions like you is too much for us to handle.

.
.
.

Now that the dust had finally settled, and we have a new world champion!

.

I am gonna miss messing up my biological clock with sore eyes or the lack of sleep or being addicted to coffee, all of this just to be able to stay up late in front of the TV and yell GOAL in the middle of morning like nothing else in the world matters.

So tell me, what am I gonna do with all the spare time I'm gonna have after everything is over?

--Search for a new cause to fill up the lost and emptiness inside, I guess?

*snaps finger* *change scene*

My life shall revert back to the default mode of being normal, boring and unexciting now.

Which also means that I should start worrying about that bet I took up and subsequently lose in the WorldCup.

It was a kinda cool and funny experience to be arguing about football with the member of the opposite sex, not so cool or funny about losing the bet to them though.

But it was all good at the end of the day, something different to make it all even more memorable.

With all this being said, I shall emphasised the moral of my story: DON’T BET!

Anyway, perhaps i should try anything and everything in my ability to honor the said bet, just so I could avoid running the risk of being accused as ‘un-man-ly’ or ‘lousy guy’…

Or should i?
Hmmmm…. Now that’s a thought for me to occupy my spare time with…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OoOo....Of coz u should honour the said bet....

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home